SO18 Big Local - Small Grants Programme
SVS is commissioned by Local Trust, through local people, to support them in running and managing
their small grant programme. The aim of the small grant panel is to support the priorities of the SO18 Community Plan and the Big Local outcomes (please refer to the small grant guidelines and ‘What is Big Local? below). It can only benefit people from the SO18 Big Local area. The programme distributes £30,000 each year. The Small Grant Panels are made up of local people, local groups and voluntary organisations, who serve the SO18 Big Local area. Thus the Small Grant panel itself also meets the Big Local outcomes.
Would you like to apply to SO18 Big Local to help them deliver their programme?
The next closing date is
Closing date 31 May 2017. The Small Grant Panel meets on 8 June 2017 to make decisions on who to award.
For the next round the closing date will be 28 September 2017. Panel will meet 5th October 2017.
Big Local is an opportunity for residents to identify ways of making parts of Harefield, Midanbury and Townhill Park a better place to live and work. They named their area ‘SO18 Big Local’. It is part of a national programme, funded by the Big Lottery Foundation. 150 local areas will each receive £1 million to invest in their area over a ten year period. The investment can be allocated through a mixture of grants, loans, and social investments, following a Big Local Plan that will be drawn up and managed by a partnership of local residents, organisations, business’ and workers.The four programme outcomes for Big Local are:
- Communities will be able to better identify local needs and take action in response to them
- People will have increased skills and confidence, so that they continue to identify and respond to needs in the future
- The community will make a difference to the needs it prioritises
- People will feel that their area is an even better place to live
SO18 Big Local area comprises 3 Lower Super Output Areas (LSOAs): Hood Road, Macarthur Crescent, Vanguard Road, the walk ups in Townhill Park, and parts of Harefield Estate (broadly the area between the primary school, community centre and Woodlands school). After much deliberation, and pouring over maps, the steering group, which was made up of local people, called themselves SO18 Big Local, with a strapline of ‘making a lasting change in Harefield, Midanbury and Townhill Park’. No name accurately reflects three distinct, LSOAs, comprising 4 distinct areas, which are not completely geographically adjacent.SO18 Big Local area
The Plan includes:
- Deliver activities which meet the needs local people have identified
- Represent local people in issues such as house rebuilding
- Produce a newsletter and manage a website and social media
- Run a small grants programme and commission voluntary organisations to help them deliver aspects of their Plan
(Click image to view and download full size)