Healthwatch Southampton is the new consumer champion for health and social care in Southampton. We give children, young people and adults a powerful voice – making sure their views and experiences are heard by those who run, plan and regulate health and social care services.
Our aim is to help people get the best out of health and social care services by:
- Providing people with information, advice and support
- Gathering views and experiences of local people on the way services are delivered and having the power to enter and view adult health and social care services to get a feel for how they are delivering
- Influencing the way services are designed and delivered based on evidence from those who use the services
- Influencing how services are set up and commissioned by having a seat on the Southampton Health and Wellbeing Board
- Passing information and recommendations to other local Healthwatch, Healthwatch England and the Care Quality Commission
The Healthwatch Southampton Feedback Centre
The feedback we receive can be used to build a better picture of Health and Social Care within Southampton – what areas are doing well and what areas needs improving. We are then able to work with local care providers to advocate for real changes that will improve services locally.
- You leave your comments, views and concerns using our Feedback Centre, or by calling us on 02380 216018 or by emailing us.
- We review your feedback and may signpost you to other organisations if appropriate.
- Health and social care service providers are made aware of your feedback and are invited to respond and/or take action if appropriate.
- Where appropriate we may investigate further
You can review as many services as you like. We do ask for a little information about yourself when you leave a review however you may leave a review anonymously if your prefer.
Kind Words From The Community
Working alongside the Healthwatch Southampton team has helped broaden our thinking and understanding of where improvements to patient experience or engagement might be made.
Without your support and energy carers may have missed out and potentially not known of the assistance available to them, I hope we can continue to maintain the relationship and work together again.