- During the period April 2016 to December 2016, the Funding & Fundraising Development Worker has worked with 6 groups who were successfully awarded Awards 4 All monies totalling approx. £60,000.
- Communicare: As a direct result of attending the Reaching Communities 1:1 sessions + follow up support sessions, Communicare have got through to the second stage of the Reaching Communities application process. There is an 80% chance of being successful when you reach the second stage.
They have also been successful in applying for funding from 8 different sources as a result of attending all funding events and follow up support: A prime example of an organisation that takes the learning and implements successfully.
- St George’s Grant: 18 different organisations from across Southampton were successful in being awarded a grant to celebrate St George’s Day at a range of events. For example: Communicare Afternoon Tea Party, Active Nations, Southampton Books for Children.
- Dragons Den Event: As a result of pitching at the Making a Big Difference in Southampton (Dragon’s Den) event in November 2016 two groups report funding successes as a direct result of their pitches and work with the funder.
“You have been amazing with all the help you have provided the MS Society Branch. The initial meeting you had with me, another meeting with the Chair and the times you checked through our application have all been invaluable and very much appreciated. I feel more confident with the grant process and all due to the support you have provided and to know you personally are on the end of an email is just unbelievable and a weight lifted!”
- Awards 4 All MS Society (Awarded £10,000 from A4A)
“Hi Auran, just to inform you that we have received £4694 funding – the whole lot – for the Holyrood’s kids’ summer activities. Great isn’t it? Thank you for invaluable help, bless you”
- Lynda Walton, Holyrood Estate Residents’ & Tenants’ Association (Awarded £4695 from A4A)
“Thank you so much for the time you spent with me yesterday. I left our meeting feeling inspired and encouraged to move forward to raise funds for Southampton Women’s Forum. I was impressed with the amount of useful information that you were able to provide, and your clear and considered responses to my questions.
– Bryony Ash, Women’s Forum
Thank you once again for our productive meeting, handouts and for your offer of help. I look forward to working with you in the future”
- Libbi, Weston Youth Church Project
"Just wanted to day thank you for the Dragons Den day - we have just been awarded 3k for Wolf Medicine from the Housing group that were on the panel that day which I thought was miraculous considering I lost the plot and stuttered my way through the pitch”.
- Kim Brown, Nature Therapy
“Just thought I would let you know that we have had a very welcome outcome from the "Dragons Den" style event you organised a while ago. Following my presentation we were invited to apply to the Sovereign Community Fund for a contribution towards our volunteer training costs. We have just heard that our bid was successful. The event you ran was brilliant. Together with the prior training it has helped me to develop a new skill, which I expect to be very useful for the future. It also gave our team an opportunity to do some useful networking and to gain an additional understanding of some of the funders and other organisations out there. We look forward to any other events you may have on offer in the future.”
- Annie Clewlow, Communicare in Southampton