- This event has passed.
Alcohol – A brief Intervention
May 15 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Alcohol: A Brief Intervention
- Community Healthcare Workers
- Primary Care staff
- Staff who have regular contact with a range of clients who may be vulnerable to drinking to excess.
This course will cover:
- The basic facts about alcohol and alcohol harm
- How to use the alcohol screening tool
- The principles of brief interventions and the skills and techniques needed to raise this topic with clients.
Alcohol Brief Interventions are a very effective way to enable people to assess their alcohol use and develop ways to reduce alcohol consumption.
This course will draw on proven principles of working with clients and the tools and techniques for engaging clients in a supportive and non-judgemental way.
MONDAY 15TH MAY 2017, 09:30 – 13:00
Courses held at Royal South Hants Hospital, Brintons Terrace, SO14 0YG
For details and bookings please call 023 8071 3342 or email HPTraining@solent.nhs.uk