Self-harm: A challenging coping mechanism
August 18 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
A training day facilitated by professionals in collaboration with ex-service users (STARS).
Do you work with people who hurt themselves?
Do you find this behaviour difficult to understand? Do you struggle to know how to respond effectively? Would you like to hear from people who have self-harmed and can give their perspective? If you answered yes to any of these questions then you will benefit from this one-day training course.
The training will provide participants with the opportunity to:
- consider some of the reasons that a person might choose to harm themselves
- reflect on your work with people who self-harm and the support you might need to do this more effectively
- develop skills for a more effective therapeutic relationship with clients
- understand self-harm in a non-psychotic client group
- consider effective treatment options and where you can signpost clients for further help
- explore common problems and preconceptions of working with people who self-harm
To find out more and to receive an application form please contact Sue Pauley on telephone 07815 902 049 or email email@example.com.
The Training and Vocational Initiatives (TVI) team (formerly known as Thames Valley Initiative) is a nationally recognised team hosted by Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
Friday 18 August
10am – 4pm
Buckland Community Centre, Malins Road, Portsmouth,
Image courtesy of Nicholas Gent stockpholio.com AM 001.14